What’s your idea of a dream honeymoon? A few weeks on a white-sand beach? A trip to Europe? How about an 11-month trip around to the world to nearly two dozen countries? For Linsey and Jason Honaker, the trip was years in the planning, and was filled with adventures like shark diving, Africa safari, glacier trekking, and hot-air ballooning. For the ultimate “trip of a lifetime” listen to how the Honakers pulled it off, and how they each only carried one medium-sized backpack.
Listen now: Extreme Travel Odysseys Episode 7
- Connect: Linsey and Jason’s blog “Farawaycation”
- Read: Their “Top 15 Experiences”
- Most likely to revisit: South Africa (blog post with stunning safari photos here), New Zealand (blog posts here, here, and here)
- See: The map and route of their around-the-world odyssey
- Gear: Minaal carry-on backpack, and packing cubes (complete list of all their starting gear here), T-Mobile international calling plan
- Media recommendations: Ben Franklin, An American Life by Walter Isaacson, Anthony Bourdain’s “Parts Unknown” specifically the “Myanmar” and “Vietnam” episodes